COLBIE CAILLAT & TAYLOR SWIFT COLLABORATE ON NEW SONG, "BREATHE"
"Breathe" will appear on Swift's upcoming project, Fearless - Due out in November
Added: September 2008
By Janelle Landauer
Chances are if you watch videos on CMT, you may have seen a few of Colbie Caillat’s videos already. Caillat’s debut album “Coco” continues its successful run already securing platinum status, with sales of over 1 million copies. Caillat’s song “Bubbly” even made her the most popular unsigned artist for 4 months on the social networking site, MySpace. Though Caillat isn’t trying for a country career, her acoustic style shown on her album “Coco” would easily allow her to have success in the country format. This year, Caillat even co-wrote with teen country music sensation, Taylor Swift. Caillat and Swift’s collaboration, “Breathe” will appear on Swift’s new album, entitled Fearless, which will be released on November 11, 2008. Caillat will provide background vocals for the song as well. For more information on Colbie Caillat or to listen to songs from her album “Coco”, visit: www.colbiecaillatmusic.com/ or www.myspace.com/colbiecaillat
And, just what else is new with Taylor Swift?
* Taylor released her exclusive Wal-Mart CD/DVD package, Beautiful Eyes on July 15. Visit Wal-Mart to buy the CD or visit Wal-Mart online at: www.wal-mart.com
* Taylor’s song “Change” was part of NBC’s broadcast of the 2008 Olympic Games. “Change” is one of the songs for the Olympics soundtrack and it was chosen by Team USA and NBC – mainly in part for the lyrics which express overcoming challenges and in the end succeeding. “Change” is now available on iTunes, and all proceeds will benefit Team USA. Also look for “Change” on Taylor’s upcoming sophomore CD, Fearless.
* Taylor’s new project, Fearless, hits stores on November 11, 2008 and includes 13 tracks, all written or co-written again by Taylor. Taylor also co-produced this project with Nathan Chapman, who also produced her debut effort. You can pre-order Taylor’s new project at: www.thetaylornation.com. Aside from the co-write with Colbie Caillat, Taylor also co-wrote with John Rich (Big & Rich) this year, so it’s possible there’s a song co-written with him as well.
* Taylor’s latest single, “Should’ve Said No” reached #1 on the Billboard Country Singles Chart and the Mediabase/Country Aircheck charts. (as of Aug. 12, 2008) Taylor also had the top iTunes Country Single that same week with her song, “Change.”
* Taylor is nominated for Best New Artist at the 2008 MTV Video Music Awards. Taylor’s reaction to the nomination: “I can’t believe I get to go to the VMA’s!!! When I got the news about the nomination, I was on a plane. A very small plane. And I just started screaming bloody murder and everyone around me was a little freaked out, but it was worth it. I get to go to the VMA’s…YES!!!” Tune in and watch the 2008 VMA Awards on MTV, Sunday, September 7, 2008 at 9 pm ET.